COVID-19 HEALTH PLAN’
This is a statement of our COVID-19 Health Plan for SB Ballet Academy.
We will actively maintain and promote good health and safety procedures and will work to reduce the spread of COVID 19 by:
- Maintaining safe and healthy work conditions in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and in line with our Health & Safety Policy.
- Following the UK Government guidelines and checking for regular updates, adapting safety measures & procedures when appropriate and monitoring the COVID 19 risk levels in order to deliver a safe dance environment.
- Encourage Social Distancing at all times before, after, and during classes.
- Use spacing markers (rubber floor spots) in the studio to mark out 2-meter intervals for our dancers so that they may keep a safe distance whilst dancing.
- Restrict class sizes in accordance with the government guidelines in relation to the safe capacity limit and studio size, so that social distancing can be maintained at all times throughout the class.
- Provide adequate hand-sanitising stations and handwashing facilities that are freely available to use by staff, students, and parents/guardians at key points around the building and in the dance studio.
- Provide safe and clean wash facilities. Ensure the toilet facility is checked and cleaned at regular intervals and is stocked with soap and paper towels and bins are provided.
- Limit the number of users able to access wash facilities at the same time. Where possible one-in-one-out policy for the dance studio toilet facility.
- All touch-points including ballet barres will be cleaned regularly between classes and spray and wipes will be readily available.
- Implement additional 10-15 minute intervals between every class to allow for students to be safely signed out before the next class signs in and to also allow time for cleaning.
- Floors will be cleaned regularly.
- Students are encouraged to come to class ready with their hair done and uniform on with the exception of their ballet shoes which they should not wear until they are in the dance studio. They will be encouraged to wear outdoor shoes into the building and then change into their ballet shoes prior to class start.
- The studio will be well-ventilated, doors and windows will be opened where possible and where it does not produce additional risks to health & safety or any safeguarding concerns by doing so.
- Discourage the use of props in class and where communal props are used they will be cleaned thoroughly between each use.
- Encourage students to place their belongings safely and securely in a safe distance
- Encourage students to bring their own water bottles.
- Encourage students to bring their own ‘ballet bag’ including essentials such as tissues, hand gel (optional and only encouraged for older students who can use it safely), ballet cardigan, and own props (if needed).
- Implement a ‘no lost property’ policy so that students are encouraged to take everything with them and any lost property is disposed of safely.
- Provide appropriate safety attire (gloves, apron, visor, and mask) for members of staff who may need to deal with a student who is showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Ensure coughs and sneezes are covered by tissue or a flexed elbow; tissues should be disposed of in a closed bin and hands sanitised following sneezing/coughing.
- Encourage people to speak up if a student or faculty member is feeling unwell.
- Require all adults and children over 11yrs to wear a mask when entering the building.
- Masks are not required for 11yrs and under although can be used at your own discretion.
- Where it is safe to do so and is manned by a member of staff, we may be able to briefly prop open the door to allow for safe entry and to limit the number of people touching the door handles.
- For our classes, we are able to use the same entrance for entry and exist as long as safe social distancing is adhered to and they exercise caution.
- Encourage parents of children 3yrs+ to drop their child at the main entrance for a member of staff to safely escort them to class. This is to limit the number of people entering the dance studio. Please ensure they are in the care of staff before leaving them and are encouraged to remain easily contactable in the case of an emergency.
- Encourage students to enter and depart the building quickly and safely at the end of their class. Young children will always be escorted to the exit by a member of staff and signed out with their parents.
- Not tolerate late collection of a student from their class unless in a genuine case. This is because we must escort all students from the dance studio before admitting the next group. Any delays in this process will hinder the smooth running of the day. If a parent/guardian has not arrived in time for their allocated collection time then the student will return to class with the member of staff until safe collection can be made.
- Actively discourage the use of masks during dance class. Instead, social distancing and good ventilation measures will help to reduce the risk of the virus spreading.
- Keep all bookings, payments, and communications where possible and practical online only.
- Encourage parents/guardians/students to book an appointment if they wish to speak face-to-face with the School Principal or member of staff so that it can be organised safely.
- Phone or video calls will be offered as a safer, preferred alternative.
- Actively discourage parents/students from gathering in large groups and will discourage chatting, lingering in the corridors.
- Keep music to a lower volume than normal to avoid the teacher needing to raise their voice.
- Keep a steadier pace to class, particularly in adult classes to ensure there is the limited spread of the virus via extra aerosol droplets admitted via sweat and heavy breathing.
- Actively discourage any shouting or singing in class.
- Not permit parent observation of classes/ watching days until further notice.
Track & Trace
- Stagger class times to limit the likelihood of large numbers of people gathering and to limit groups (“bubbles”) mixing.
- Allocate a consistent group or “bubble” to each student that they will stay with for each class in order to limit spread and easily track the people that they are regularly in contact with at the dance studio.
- Keep a record of students in the studio for the purposes of identifying close contact with infected persons in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19. Records will be kept for up to 21 days.
- Ensure there is a verbal check of every student to confirm that they or a close family member have not experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. In the case of children under 7, their parents will be required to answer on their behalf.
In the instance of a suspected COVID-19 case
- Immediately cease activity and isolate the person until they can be taken home where they should self-isolate
- Inform others who may have been in contact that they may have been exposed to COVID-19 Notify local authorities and NHS Track & Trace
- All students, their teacher, class assistant, and accompanist who were in a class with anyone that may be infected must self-isolate and not return to class for an appropriate number of days in accordance with the latest government guidelines.
If a child has a cold or feeling unwell, firstly, we are sorry to hear but would ask that you kindly avoid coming into the studio until you’re back feeling fit.
If, and when, the time comes that we need to take extra measures, we will do so in the most responsible way as advised by the right authorities
Sarnai Byambadorj, Ballet School Principal, has day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this COVID-19 Health Plan is put into practice.
This plan was last reviewed on 03/04/2021
Name: Sarnai Byambadorj Job Title: Ballet School Principal of SB Ballet Academy